I made a real commitment to oil.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
You tell me. No really. I must have lost that list.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I'm sure there was but (note this theme) I really don't remember.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A lot of them look dead. But they're not.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I would like to show people a Venn diagram where the population circles overlap.
7. What date, from 2009, will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
etched? If you know what happened, I'd love to hear about it.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I successfully fought off steel grubs and canvas borers and crawled into 2010.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Having planned everything down to the smallest detail, I forgot all the power cords for my media spectacular in October. Bummer!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sure wish I knew. My doctor is 14 and hasn't been much help lately.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Must have been a glass of wine maybe. I blame you.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Aunt Susan, my sister who has really stepped up, and all those of you out there that tried to find humor in what I said when you were just about to defriend me. You people ROCK!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Whoever it was that threw all that white trash around everywhere.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I haven't seen it since I fired up AUTO@MARK®.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I didn't have that kind of energy but I did get money for a new plasma cutter and much more.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
This I will be sure of. I will not remember what songs were from 2009.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Thinner or fatter?
I weigh the same but I think I accidentally swallowed a football.
Richer or poorer?
I'm not as rich as I used to be but I'm richer than I was last year.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?.
Stuff that didn't happen in 2009.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Ice Cream. It was sooooo soothing to eat.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I had a great time in the Christmas Bunker. Although it was a little muddy down there this year.
21. How will you spend New Year's?
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes. I re-fell in love with most of my old girlfriends. I figured they probably wanted to hurt me at least once more.
23. How many one-night stands?
Two. I've got two night stands.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Cold Case Files (I operate on the least objectionable, no crying, no violence, no shouting, no stressful competition. Just one long boring treatise, that's for me.)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I haven't hated anyone since like the eighth grade ( I still hate you Joe!!!)
26. What was the best book you read?
Read? Book? They took all the books away. Remember?. . .OK, that may have been a movie.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dicey Sings Hammer
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
Remember question 6? You thought I was either avoiding the question or the most boring person on earth. But sometimes a diagram is worth a thousand explicit words.
30. What was your favorite film of the year?
I only saw old films.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember what I did but I do remember that I was twice as old as you.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
a puppy OK, I'm lying. A puppy was number 2.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Damn! I forgot about fashion. OK, it's on my list now. I mainly only wear stuff from Red Owl.
34. What kept you sane?
Experience. Just like the Mod Squad, I've been there and back again!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
All I have left are celebrity crushes and Justine Bateman is at the top.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
There were many. But the most important is the public health plan option.
37. Who did you miss?
Rachel. It would have to be Rachel. . . .I really miss Rachel.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't think I met anyone new.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Mess with Christmas and you're gonna get hurt.
40. Quote that sums up your year:
"I wouldn't pay real money for that"