1. You are granted the authority to have two individuals launched into outer space, doomed to orbit the Earth for all eternity and never bother us again. Pick one person (alive) with world-wide significance and one (alive) with less significant...erm, significance (think petty).
Well the obvious would be “doubleya” Bush. But he’ll be out in due time so I will make my worldwide sig the mighty Howard Stern.
This is why I don’t use my real name for my LJ. Number two would be my co-worker Carol. Buckle-up Carol, your outta here!
(The afore mentioned is for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as an intent or interest in harming any person or living creature)
2. Of all the men named John in the world, who is your favorite? Explain.
Let’s see, there’s John Locke,
John F. Kennedy,
but they’re all dead so they're not "in the world" so to speak.
I love what Jon Stewart does but he's a "Jon" not a "John".
They’re all dead.
They’re all dead!
(Queue music: Jim Carroll – “People Who Died”)
3. Name the first record/cassette that you ever owned.
Donovan – Mellow Yellow
My Sister’s best friend talked me into buying it. She promptly borrowed it and I never saw it again. Women!
4. From whence did your LJ moniker come from?
Yah! OK! I was one of those goofy college radio nerds. But music was everything then. I played a lot of blues and one of the other jock-ets would say “do it man! Play them blues” or something like that. I don’t remember who first coined the label “do man blue” but when I suggested that I didn’t like it, this guy (that actually worked at a real rock station) said he wanted it. So, of course, then I wanted to keep it. Now I think it may be suggestively gay. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that). Somewhere out in space, the sounds of KSCC are speeding toward another galaxy.
5. If you could take six months off work (paid), what would you do with your time?
Friends: Go on vacation somewhere.
Me: Well first, I need room to work. So I would use a big chunk o time to reorganize my garage and build a shed in the back yard.
Friends: No, you should take a vacation. Go somewhere exotic.
Me: Next I would finish my two largest sculpture projects (Steelwick Man and Street Death Monument).
Friends: Just take off and go somewhere. You never take a vacation.
Me: Next I would go somewhere out of town to get away from my nagging friends.
This therapeutic exercise can be yours. Here are the rules!
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying, "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.